Friday 17 April 2015

If I get elected as MP

If I get elected as MP for Stoke-on-Trent South I will aim to support the economic regeneration of Stoke and the improvement of life opportunities for the people of Stoke.

I believe that it is very important to use the new high-speed broadband network in Stoke to empower local companies to get a stronger presence in the electronic markets world-wide. It is important to improve the education of our children in the schools and to train more apprentices in particular for jobs in the digital economy. It is also important to create new opportunities for local companies to get support for the creation of new jobs in general and in particular new apprenticeship positions. In the longer term the development of the high speed train line HS2 will have a major impact on Stoke and we have to fight to get the full benefits of this for the city.


I feel that in order to improve life opportunities we need to expand the free childcare and provide this for all children from the age of two. We should provide discounted bus passes for all under 21s to reduce the costs of traveling to school and work. I consider very important the Liberal Democrats’ aim to increase the limit of tax free income allowance to £12,500. This will help many families on low income. I strongly believe that it is very important to improve mental health care in general and in particular for young people by investing more in these services. I also support the Liberal Democrats’ plan to allow standing places in Premier League football stadiums. This will allow more people to enjoy first rate football at the Britannia Stadium.


Finally, I am a strong believer in freedom rights. I will aim to support the protection of freedom rights and to limit the ability of the state to reduce the freedom of individuals without very good specific reasons. I believe that a new Digital Rights Bill proposed by the Liberal Democrats is required to assure the privacy and freedoms of people in the digital age.

No comments:

Post a Comment